Dad’s/Grandpa’s Story’s
(Stories are factual even when I made up the facts)
Judy and Chucks Wedding Rehearsal
Everything was going well things would have had to be toned down a couple of notches to be chaotic. The Minister a very insightful man asked Clarence, a friend of Chucks to sing. Clarence gave one of the finest renditions of The Lord’s Prayer we have ever heard. It worked.
Visiting Grandma and Grandpa
Every year around Memorial Day we get a phone call from Pat telling us she is visiting Grandma and Grandpa, she’s at the cemetery decorating Mom and Dad’s grave site. She has been doing this for the past few years, Mike helps too.
Don’s Commissioning Ceremony
We were in St Mary Cathedral in Saginaw. I went up in to the choir loft, a Nun , one of Don’s teachers came by and took time to tell us what a fine young man he was. (we knew) The ceremony took place and Don was commissioned a Lay Minister, a proud moment for a Catholic Mother and a Presbyterian Father.
Debbie in the Womb
Late June 1953 there was a gathering of my old school gang in St. Clair. We were very pregnant (Debbie was born a couple of weeks later). Turns out my old girl friend and Dorothy Schroeder were also expecting, much to the relief of Debbies Mom. Bob was born in December. Deb and Bob were at the party together.
Arizona Visit
Nancy and Mike had invited us to stay with them, Mike’s Mom and Dad, John and Rita would also be staying at this time. Let’s set the stage for our hosts, 2 lovely soft spoken Mother in Law’s, 2 Father in Laws known to say what they think, from very different backgrounds. A couple of sleepless night’s maybe. We discovered a couple new friends; I learned a lot from John, but more from Rita—never bet on dog races unless you have a better system than your Husband and Son
Grandma Lucy
The first dinner I had at the Nofs Grandma Lucy served a salad with a bacon dressing, I of course did not eat salads. But I was not about to mess up at this point so I ate a salad. ( my favorite to this day
It's a little obvious that you are trying to be politically correct with one paragraph per child. Well, you failed miserably because I want to know why Nancy's is the longest. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of events that are important to all of us. Keep em coming.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Dad although I am skeptical about the salad, bacon or not but I wouldn't really doubt your word. Love your memories, keep them going.
ReplyDeleteI agree! The stories are great. I never knew about Bob and Debbies's first date. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHa! Dad always did like me best! Seriously, nice capture of memories Dad. It's always fun to hear the moments that have meaning. From the outside, I'd conclude this is a pretty amazing group. Even from the inside it's pretty darn good and I'm grateful to be a part of it!
ReplyDeleteLoved the stories . . . most I did not know . . . so keep them coming . . . I'm sure you have an endless supply. Love, Judy
ReplyDelete