Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Family Jewells History and Legacy
Ben is on to something here. The idea of capturing the history of the family through the development of our next generation. Now wait, before you start scoffing and shushing, think of it as way to leave this next generation the stories and legacy that make us who we are. Like, where did that quick Jewell wit come from and how about the fact that all Jewells are in positions of service in some way? I'm serious. What if we started posting our observations and stories of Jewell culture, trends and behaviors here? No, I'm not talking about airing dirty laundry and exposing family secrets (after all discretion and privacy are a couple of our core family values). I'm talking about stories that get told at the end of someones life, or after a few shots of tequila, or sitting around the dinner table. Don can tell any one of his abused-by-his-sister stories, I can't tell many of mine cuz their secrets (haha) Post pictures to match your stories. Bring your wit, your humor, your empathy, generosity and love to your stories. I'm throwing out the challenge, who's up for it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good idea, Nancy!!! You start! Love, Judy
ReplyDelete