Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Being Me. . .






I have been creating (or trying to) my entire life. I guess that’s why I love scrapbooking and coloring so much today. Nothing makes me happier that cutting, coloring and gluing.

  • Remember coloring the hearts and designs on the paper napkins at Grandmas?

  • Loved learning to paint ceramics with Grandma Jewell like the cute little cheerleader and football player she let me make.


  • I tried sewing and cooking but Mrs. Hewitt just couldn’t get through to me. Plus they let boys take the class so that could have been a distraction.

  • Karen Suiter taught me to knit and crochet and then I bought my own yarn store. I couldn’t just make a scarf or blanket like other people.

  • Loved the Spirograph I got for Christmas that you put color pens in circles and make designs.





  • Hours and hours spent making paper dolls and clothes from old wallpaper books.

  • I used to love the paint by number painting kits you could get at the dime store.

  • Making hooked rugs. Oooooohhhhhh what fun.

  • Used to spend a lot of time doing puzzles. Lots more time if others didn't help. We would set the card table up and there it would stay until the puzzle was done.

Thoughts to remember... (even if you aren't retired):

Slow down,

take time,

reflect,

remember.. to just be.

be content,

be patient,

be kind,

be giving,

be compassionate,

be attentive,

be aware and

be creative.

3 comments:

  1. Deb, What a cool story,we all have a creative side, you have many talents. Mary JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that post totally rocked! Way to go Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the Debbie memories. Also loved the accompanying pictures (since I'm a visual learner) Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete