So me and Debbie used to give Mom (Grandma Jewell) a pretty hard time about being an old fuddy duddy. You know, not much fun. So we were out of town for some reason staying at a hotel and we went to dinner. Mom and Dad had a bottle of Chianti (the cool ones with the bamboo around them). I had the bottle burning candles in it in my dorm room all through college. But I digress.
After dinner we went to the room. Debbie and I were in bed and Mom proceeded to stand up on the bed and start dancing. You read it right, she was dancing on the bed! Please take a moment to picture it because it is one of my very favorite Mom moments. Apparently she was determined to prove us wrong. She was a lot of fun after all! Well you can imagine that we were giggling so hysterically we almost wet the bed. Well, Debbie probably did, but that's not the story here.
So think about this. What if Grandma Jewell was actually kind of a wild child behind all that gracious behavior. Would that blow your mind or what? It would sure explain a few things for me and a few others of you out there! And you thought Grampa Jewell was the wild one. . .
Ok, who's next?
Nancy, did you pick up on that "quick Jewell wit" I used to suggest you start first!? Love, Judy
ReplyDeleteGood start, Nan. Thanks for sharing that moment in time. Way to go, Mom! Judy
ReplyDelete