Friday, July 24, 2009

What I Did last Summer

Just thought I would update everyone on the adventures of the Schroeder family. Got Bob home on a temporary leave from the home before he gets a hip replacement on August 24th. It only took him 3 1/2 minutes to go from the van to his chair and another 1/2 minute to get the Tiger game on. Thanks to Grandma and Don there was leftover chicken to enjoy (and he did). Still in lots of pain but this is a whole lot better than sitting in the home with his new friends.


Nurse Brooke is trying to adjust to the pressure of being on call 24/7.

Brooke also had a little medical crisis herself this summer. She got all 4 of her wisdom teeth removed and quickly learned the benefits of being drugged. If you don't know whether to laugh or cry when you see this picture its OK because she didn't know which to do either. Doing better now. It only hurts when I ask her to do something!!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and please think about us when you are boating, or taking a train to Chicago, or driving to Alaska, or entertaining grandkids, visiting Mackinac for the walk across the bridge, going to the local mushroom festival, enjoying Dollywood, visiting New England with your kids and grandkids, or watching a play on stage. Think of us when you are around the campfire singing kumbaya.

If you are ever in the neighborhood, feel free to stop in and remember to bring a dish to pass. Bob is used to 3 meals a day! Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and concerns for the 3 of us, we really appreciate it.







3 comments:

  1. Oh, Debbie . . . I feel so guilty!!! I recognized myself in several of your scenarios!

    But I also am very happy for all of you to be back together at home. Bob looks so glad to be in his own living room. And your sense of humor shines through your story.

    Didn't know about Brooke's misery, but the picture tells it all.

    Take care of yourself. Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you home Bob! The Tigers can use the ooaching. You guys have defined what a special and powerful thung a family is. Bob, you are lucky there was a piece of chicken for you.I got yelled at for buying to much food! Brooke, I understand they used a small jackhammer on the one tooth!!! Ouch!!! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update Deb! Bubby looks great, so happy in his chair with the tigers and his u of m pj's! Brooke looks like she spent the last 5 months hanging out with her Daddy's scary friends at the rehab place. But cut her some slack. She had a lot of things to do this summer so she could be ready to be a nurse! Haha As for you, well you know I think you are amazing for all that you manage and overcome. I aspire to be as strong as you are. Enjoy the time together.

    ReplyDelete