Monday, December 15, 2008

LENA GENEVIEVE ESCH was born December 15, 2008 at 2:35 p.m., 19", 8.4 oz. Kathy and baby are fine. Kathy was able to deliver without a C-section, as she was hoping (Kathy's Dr. had scheduled a C-section for this Friday, if Kathy went that long) although her C-section with Harmon made it likely. Rob and Kathy are beaming, they did not know if it was a boy or girl, the nurse referred to "him" a couple of times, as in "give him to me", then Rob saw her and said "IT"S A GIRL". They are plenty proud. Good ole Mary Jo called me while she was driving to the hospital after she found out Lena was born, she was screaming and crying, and I was sure something really bad had happened, but she finallly calmed down and I figured out it was good news. I think I have recovered. Kathy and Lena are at Spectrum Health Center in Grand Rapids.

Don

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! We are so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Lena! Glad to hear all is well and everyone can just enjoy her. Cant wait to see pictures of everyone. Take care and enjoy this upcoming pre-Christmas week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so glad you called last night so we know the grandparents survived ok. Hope you get some time off work soon to see Lena in person.
    Love, Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the Jewells, mostly Kathy cuz you did all the work. This is a highly reproductive family, that's for sure. Love, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Don, on your new granddaughter. I'm glad Mary Jo recovered from the initial excitement, and I'm sure both of you were beaming at your family Christmas over the entire group you have spawned. Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete