FAMILY NEWSLETTER
You know those newsletters that only come in the mail at Christmastime to update you on family and friends? Well, I’ve been missing seeing and hearing about all of you. Several times I’ve visited The Family Jewells blog to see if anyone had posted any news lately. And actually, I’ve hated to displace the great picture and poem Debbie posted for Mom & Dad’s anniversary, but I know it’ll be remembered as we move on. So I’m going to start by filling you in on your Ohio family.
Jan & Tony and Mason are patiently awaiting a new baby to adopt. They have completed classes, interviews, and paperwork required and hope to have a new family member within the year. They are also awaiting the sale of their house so they can move into a different school district for Mason’s start of Kindergarten. They realize that may or may not happen in time. Tony’s work for Quantum Health in Columbus as a computer network administrator is growing and prospering. He also coaches for Mason’s soccer team. And Jan and Tony teach Sunday School at Powell Methodist Church. For the past couple of years, Jan has been a Premier Jewelry representative. She sells her wares through home parties and she has several girls working under her sponsorship. She regularly gets together with her girlfriends
for movie night, book club, and exercising. Plus she and the other mothers often do that new invention called “play dates”. Mason is 5, in preschool, and says prayersevery night for their new baby. He takes Taekwondo lessons and is on his second belt. Besides the physical moves, he also learns leadership skills and respect for others. Here is Mason at Christmastime with Ajax.Jill and Gary just celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary by going on a Disney cruise (there are family areas and adult only areas). They had a wonderful time on the ship and on their island stops. They plan to take Megan and Chris on one next year. Chuck and I stayed with Chris and Megan for that week. And the day after Jill & Gary left, Chris, Megan, Chuck & I went to Columbus to meet Jan and Tony and Mason. We went to Disney on Ice again, which is celebrating 100 years of Disney so it had every character you could imagine from over the years in the show. After that we went back to Mason’s house so the
cousins could play for the afternoon. Sunday we stayed home and just played all day with Chris
and Megan before the school week started. Chris is in kindergarden and learning to read. He is a true child of the electronic generation, operating the DVD player, using the computer, and playing electronic games. However, he also loves to build with legos, trios, lincoln logs, etc. Here he is with his snowman.
Megan is in preschool, loves to wear dresses, and plays with Little Pet Shop toys (tiny animals with big eyes and bobble heads) Here she is in her princess outfit eating cotton candy at this year’s Disney on Ice show.
Chuck is currently skiing in Aspen and I am home . . . so glad I’m not in Aspen. Next week we are going to Florida for 10 days to visit several friends. I’m looking forward to sunny weather and palm trees.
So there’s my end-of-winter newsletter. How about sharing what you and yours are up to. Love, Judy
Jan and Tony, you go! Our best to you in finding the perfect child who is looking for you to be his/her amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteJude, you have a lot going on. I can see why you don't mind Chuck is in Aspen without you. Makes me want to be sitting with you on your couch just chillin!
Thanks for getting the blog going again!
Love, Nan
Mom says she is really enjoying reading all the stories. She will get caught up when her comment thing gets fixed.
ReplyDeleteJan and Tony, I couldn't be happier for you. Good Luck and hang in there. I remember my Dad telling us to be patient, cuz its worth the wait. He was right again.
ReplyDeleteJudy I love hearing about all the retiree activities but I'm tired because I have to go to WORK in the morning.
Judy I love the newsletter! Thanks for sharing. Christine
ReplyDelete