Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Joy of Grandparenting






We recently took our family to Disney on Ice in Columbus.  While they were watching the show, I was watching them . . . watching Mason stand at the railing for the entire show too enthralled to sit down . . . watching Chris sitting like a big boy in his own seat while he kept his eyes glued to the activity on the ice . . . watching Megan’s concern when Mickey and Minnie disappeared and scanning the ice to find them. . . watching Tony, Jan, Jill, & Gary be as captivated as the little ones by the show . . . watching our children parent their children.  

Megan’s memento of choice was the princess which she hugged through the entire performance. 

 Mason and Chris both chose swords which light up in the dark.


So as much as I love to hug and kiss and talk and play with all of them, my favorite is observing everything through their eyes.


Love to all, Judy


2 comments:

  1. Great story and pictures, Judy. We truly understand because we thoroughly enjoy watching you and your siblings, the spouses and our grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
    Love, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gift for telling a story Jude. I could transport myself there and clearly imagine what it was like. Of course, Don's kids wouldn't have been as well behaved. Did I write that out loud? Love, Nan

    ReplyDelete