Well, we're not really having Easter at IHOP, but Don, Chris, and I are having breakfast there right now (notice that I didn't include my kids in that group; that's why I'm able to be on the computer!). I'm using one of Don's 3 or 4 computers that he brought with him, because you never know when you might need those!!
Chris and I brought the kids to Ben and Heidi's house this weekend for the holiday, even though they are on their way to Mexico. Currently Owen and Lucy are at the house with Carter, Caden, Taylor, Chase, Bev, and Mary Jo. Kathy and her family will come over this afternoon to have our Easter celebration.
Our family is doing very well. Chris started a new position a work this past January and seems to be adjusting. He is coaching Owen's kindergarten soccer team this spring--what an adventure! Owen likes school for the most part, although he doesn't always like to stop what he's doing to go in the morning. In Sept one morning he told me, "Mom, after kindergarten is over, please dont' sign me up for any more school." Ummmmm......... His report cards have been great though and after school he always reports that he had a good day. :)
Lucy is going to preschool and also daycare since I started working. Her adjustment to me working hasn't been great, although I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It's very strange to see 'Daddy's girl' so attached to Mom now! Poor thing. She is a really funny kid, though, and cracks us up every day. She asked Chris if he could pick her up from daycare on Thursday "while it's still shiny out."
Work is going well for me. I feel as slow as molasses, but the people are very nice and helpful. I'm working 1-2 12 hour shifts each week, so that's about the right amount. Each payday I think I should be working a little more, but each weekday as I'm hanging out with our super fun neighbors as the kids all play outside I think I should be working less. :)
That is our 'Christmas' letter for April. LOVE hearing from yall; can't wait to hear from more!!!
I enjoyed the update and I do have cute grandkids!!!! and there mom and dad are pretty special too!!! And I see Don was having a lite day with only having 4 computers with him. MJ
ReplyDeleteKids say the cutest things! Thanks for sharing your Easter activities with us. Judy
ReplyDelete